October 25, 2013

Echo Creative Club October Reveal!

I am so excited to be participating in the Echo Creative Club for 2013!


A big thank you to Jeannie Dukic for this opportunity. She sent me the most lovely selection of beads to work with. The bead that I am using for my October entry is this lovely green gin blossom:



I really had fun creating this necklace! It pairs Jeannie's beautiful gin blossom with off white glass pearls, heart shaped unakite, mossy green Czech glass and brass components.  The brass component just under the gin blossom is a bendable filigree piece that I folded in half.  I threaded a headpin through the top and created a simple loop to attach the piece to the gin blossom like a pendant.

I wish my picture taking ability was better where necklaces are concerned.  I just can't seem to get them to look as good in the photo as in person.

I can't wait to see what lovely creations the other participants have made! Please take a look, and also stop by Jeannie's store Jewelry by Jeannie and check out her awesome selection of beads and jewelry.
  

7 comments:

  1. This whole piece looks so regal. Everything about it, the white pearls, and brass component under the Gin Blossom. I like how you used that folded filigree. Brilliant! Thank you so much for being apart of the ECC over the years. The pleasure was all mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The unakite and brass/pearls pair nicely with this focal- good job! Christie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa you really blew me away with this one! I love the dangle off that gorgeous Gin Blossom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,
    Your Gin Blossom necklace is gorgeous I love how the Unakite brings out the green in the gin blossom and the pearls and brash with the other beads is just a beautiful added bonus to the eye.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty indeed - I love how the gin blossom just pops - it's such a great color. Fabulous filigree bail and dangle, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the gin blossom - especially with the pearls! Beautiful necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a fun necklace. I think medieval fair when I see it. Not sure if that was what you were going for, but it certainly does shout beautiful lady with a night in shining armor. Good work :)

    ReplyDelete