September 16, 2013

Wonky Bead Challenge Reveal!

First of all - a big thank you to Kristi Bowman for hosting this cool challenge! Kristi's wonky beads are really cool.  They posed quite a challenge for me, because I typically do not design with large beads in this style.

I started out with the intention to make a "chunky bead" necklace.  However, the beads did not "want" to be a necklace (if you know what I mean).  I remembered that I had a nifty leaf toggle clasp that I had been wanting to use for some time.  Autumn is on its way, so what better time to bring out the leaf!  I was looking for some larger size gemstone beads to use with Kristi's clay beads, and came across some goldstone in my bead stash. The gold accents in Kristi's beads paired perfectly with the gold shimmer in the faceted goldstone beads.  I added some glass blue pearls from ZnetShows, ivory Czech glass bells, and little copper corrugated beads for spacers. A tiny copper leaf charm and a small copper bead charm completed the look.

I had a lot of fun creating this piece.  Please have a look at the awesome designs created by the rest of the participants by clicking on this link to go to Kristi's blog: Kristi Bowman Design (Blog)


30 comments:

  1. I definitely know what you mean, you go to do what the beads want or it just doesn't work! Love to see a bracelet, and it's so soft and pretty!! Thank you so much for joining the hop Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristi - I enjoyed being in the hop!

      Delete
  2. A very pretty bracelet! I love the addition of the goldstone beads and that leaf clasp. It surely reminds me of Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Lisa! I love the goldstone with Kristi's beads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shirley. I really like goldstone.

      Delete
  4. I love your bracelet. I love the goldstone as well. It brings out the darker tones in the ivory beads. I wanted to do a necklace as well, but ended up with a bracelet. Sometimes it is just meant to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya - I really liked your bracelet as well!

      Delete
  5. Hi Lisa,
    The bracelet your beads allowed you to make is so beautiful! I love the color combinations you chose.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great, Lisa! I first thought of a bracelet too but didn't go with that. I'm glad you did, as it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. Glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  7. This turned out great, love how you used the beads and they're such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this colour combo :-)it's elegant and a bit 'classy'. Love all the little♥ details too! A great bracelet to wear for years...

    Dini

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty piece. I love the colors you incorporated with the wonky beads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that's a lovely bracelet Lisa! The colours are sophisticated, but the style has a real earthiness to it, great contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! Yours is the first piece I came across that didn't incorporate all the colors in the wonky bead set, and I love the way you picked out the muted tones and highlighted them. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How awesome!! You did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Lisa this is super pretty! I think it's the perfect bracelet with it's earthy, muted tones - just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The color combination on this is really great. I love the pearls and the goldstone together. So pretty!
    ~Kelsy
    http://looseendscraftblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great design. Love the colours you used! The goldstone is the perfect accent too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen - I was really glad that I had that goldstone in my bead stash!

      Delete