May 25, 2013

Echo Creative Club May 2013 Reveal!

I am so excited to be participating in the Echo Creative Club for 2013!


A big thank you to Jeannie Dukic for this opportunity. She sent me the most lovely selection of beads to work with. The bead that I am using for my May entry is this lovely chocolate brown round bead:




I really had fun creating this necklace! It pairs Jeannie's beautiful bead with caramel fossil beads, silver bead caps and chain, dark blue lapis tube beads and rounds, and lamp work glass saucers. As you can see from the photos, one side of Jeannie's bead has a leaf design, and the other has a slash and squiggle design.  Both are pretty, and it adds versatility to the necklace. I made a few attempts at matching earrings, but was not satisfied with my designs.  Back to the drawing board on those!  I'll post those later.






I can't wait to see what lovely creations the other participants** have made! Please take a look, and also stop by Jeannie's store Jewelry by Jeannie and check out her awesome selection of beads and jewelry.

**The Participants:

Our Hostess: Jeannie K Dukic http://site.jkdjewelry.com/blog

Charlene Jacka: http://clay-space.com/blog/

Alicia Marinache: http://www.allprettythings.ca/

Kristen Stevens: http://kristen-beadjourney.blogspot.com/

14 comments:

  1. I love the fossil beads with the ceramic. The color goes so well. The blue lampwork really brings attention to the ceramic focal. Well done Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE the juxtaposition of the two colors and it's very interesting to me all the different beads shapes in this necklace. Perfect. Now get busy on those earrings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeannie! I really had a lot of fun with this necklace!

      Delete
  3. Lovely necklace - love the color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy. That means a lot coming from you - you are so talented with color!

      Delete
  4. This has a very natural feel to it with great colors. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely - a double sided necklace, isn't that witty? The balance of colour is perfect - can't wait to see the earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alicia! The earrings just are not coming together. However - I have a crazy idea that just might work...

      Delete
  6. So stunning as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful necklace Lisa!

    ReplyDelete