December 25, 2012

December Echo Creative Club Reveal

First of all:  A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  Thanks for taking time to stop by my blog and have a look at my very first entry in the Echo Creative Club!




A big thank you to Jeannie Dukic (Jewelry by Jeannie) for this opportunity.  Here is a quick recap:

Jeannie sent me the most lovely beads to work with. The 18mm size was larger than I had previously used in my jewelry designs.  I had been wanting to use larger beads, so this was a perfect opportunity!  Below you will see a picture of the beads in their packaging and out "in the open" for their close up. 







When I saw the beads, the first thing that came to mind was to pair them with freshwater ivory pearls. Then I remembered that I had some gorgeous oval ocean jasper stones.  Would the combination look well together?  I layed out the beads, and liked the look, but it needed a little "pizazz".  That's when I went really "out of the box" (for me).  Lime green peeled paint beads!! Somehow they just spoke to me.  I created a choker with copper chain and a handmade copper "s" clasp.





With the chocker completed, I wanted to make some matching dangle earrings.  I love kidney earwires, and the lime green really made them "pop".  Here are the earrings:





Please check out the beautiful creations made by the other club members!

Cindy Cima Edwards http://www.cindycima.com/
Jeannie K Dukic http://site.jkdjewelry.com/blog you’re here
Jessica Klaaren  http://cellardoorjewelry.blogspot.com/


25 comments:

  1. I'm really diggin' the lime green beads you paired with my beads. They look very happy together. The ocean jasper look like they have some dark green in them and I love the contrast of the dark and lime green. Great choice Lisa. Thanks for joining me this year and looking forward to 2013. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeannie! I had fun and am looking forward to participating in 2013.

      Delete
  2. The beads in your choker look great together and I love your earrings too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'm with you, the lime green is a perfect accent. That turned out beautiful dear! And the earrings are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley, Lime green is not a color I use often. It just seemed to "work" in this case.

      Delete
  4. Pretty choker! Love the pop of color those lime grenn pearls give the piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that little dash of green! Your pieces are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna - I really enjoyed your creations as well.

      Delete
  6. Merry Christmas Lisa,
    Beautiful choker and earrings the lime green beads was a good choice to go with Jeannie's beads and the Jasper.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Therese! Hope your Christmas was merry!

      Delete
  7. OOh, Lisa, that's such a beautiful set! Love what you did with Jeannie's beads :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your choker and earring set are gorgeous! I love how you added the pop of green ... it works so beautifully! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Lola - that means a lot coming from someone as talented as you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh - the Ocean Jasper is lovely! A great pairing for the peeled paint beads, especially with the lime green accents.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the set. That lime green was such an inspired choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you put the lime green in!!! That is awesome! I love Jeannie's peeled paint beads! Happy New Year to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristen- Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete
  13. Love the bright pop of green against the copper!!

    ReplyDelete