November 16, 2012

Boysenberry Pie! The Berries and Leaves Challenge

There is a challenge going on over at Artisan Whimsy - the new gathering/sharing blog for jewelry and bead artists! Create a piece of handmade artisan jewelry or an art bead featuring berries and leaves!


My favorite pie growing up was boysenberry. Boysenberries are large and somewhat tart. They taste great with just a little added sugar and also make wonderful jam. My grandmother was an excellent cook, and just smelling her pies was heavenly.  With delicious boysenberries in mind, I created a pair of berry and leaves earrings using some beautiful round amethyst beads (the boysenberries) that I received in a bead exchange from the lovely and talented Rita at Toltec Jewels for Jewel School Friends. I added frosted Czech glass leaves, and small Swarovski crystal bicones for a hint of sparkle. The kidney shaped earwires were made by yours truly (my first attempt)!  They are a little crooked, but not too bad.   Head over to Artisan Whimsy on November 30th to see the contest entries! While you are there, how about joining? It is free and it is fun. Here is the website: http://www.artisanwhimsy.ning.com

Here are my earrings:


2 comments:

  1. Very sweet and elegant, Lisa. I have never had boysenberry pie, but I bet I would love it. My Granny made the most delicious strawberry and rhubarb pie...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had the pie either, but I love the rich, dark color of your 'berry' contrasted with the pale leaves!

    ReplyDelete