September 26, 2012

Handcrafted Things that I Love - Bridges Pottery

This is a repost of a story from January 2012.  I wanted to add some content to the new blog, and I figured that several people did not see it the first time.  Enjoy!
 
I am starting a new feature called "Handcrafted Things I Love". Please note that I am not paid or compensated in any way for these features - I just like the work of the artisans in question, and want to share their work with others. Today's Featured Artisan is Patricia Bridges of Bridges Pottery.  Patricia creates beautiful pottery for kitchen and the home.

About Patricia: According to her profile on Artfire, she "...began working in clay at an early age and have been making pots for over two decades. My father was also an artist and worked in iron - blacksmithing and sculpture. He was incredibly supportive of my creative aspirations and set me up with a wheel and a kiln when I was 16."  Currently, Patricia is a resident artist at Haven Art in Port Washington, New York, and teaches adult classes in ceramics. All her hard work has paid off, because she creates items such as these:
Custom Yarn Bowl

Stacking Bowls

Large Platter


According to Patricia: "I make all of my pottery myself. I have no apprentice and do not slip cast or mass produce any of my work. All of my pottery is made one by one. It has a long journey from me to you and I take great pride in making in high quality pieces and am dedicated to excellence in craftsmanship. I have been working in clay for over three decades."  All of her handmade stoneware pottery is food friendly and lead free, and can be washed in the dishwasher.

Stop by Patricia's Artfire shop to see her beautiful handiwork, and also check out her blog:

 http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/bridgespottery
 www.blog.bridgespottery.com

2 comments:

  1. Nice pieces. I love pottery, but looking at it, not making it. Tried pottery years ago and just couldn't get into it. But I love to look and buy. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way, Katz. I just like looking at it. Especially bowl and mugs.

    ReplyDelete